Anti-aging facial massage: a minute a day keeps the wrinkles away
Noticing a new wrinkle can certainly put a damper on things, but luckily there’s an easy, at-home remedy to help keep fine lines at bay. Massaging your face for just one minute per day can help combat those unsightly wrinkles, according to massage expert Annic Lefol-Malosse, who has devised a do-it-yourself system that offers salon-worthy results.
Start with an anti-wrinkle treatment and rub away lines
Fine lines around the eyes and mouth can make you look tired, stern or even years older. If you feel like you’ve tried everything to no avail to stop wrinkles in their tracks and return your skin to its radiant, youthful glow, read on for our expert tips. The first step is to choose a treatment with effective anti-aging ingredients that will meet your skin’s specific needs. Now that you’re ready, follow this step-by-step guide, applying the treatment everyday either in the morning or evening.
Anti-aging facial massage to combat wrinkle
1. Apply directly to wrinkles,
Apply the product directly to fine lines – from frown lines upwards to laugh lines, then to the corners of your lips.
2. Pinch and slide away laugh lines
Pinch a fold of skin between the fleshy part of your first three fingers and the second joint of your thumb. Work your way up the laugh line, then hold your three fingers tightly together and slide them along to your temple. Repeat the movement from the middle of the laugh line (at the corner of your lip), working outwards towards your ears. Repeat three times on each side.
3. Pinch and slide along your forehead to tackle frown lines
Use repeated pinching movements to work from the top of your nose to the center of your forehead, then firmly slide your fingers outwards towards your temple to create tension. Conduct the same motion on the other side of your forehead. Repeat the movements three times on each side.
4. Plump your lip contour to avoid marionette lines
Use the fleshy part of your index finger and thumb to make little pinching movements at right angles to your wrinkles on the edge of your upper lip. Repeat several times along your upper lip.
5. Smooth out your whole face Finish the massage with an upward smoothing movement over your entire face and neck, working outwards. After this rejuvenating massage, you’ll think twice about getting expensive and invasive treatments to deal with fine lines and winkles. As we’ve seen, all it takes is self-care, the right products and a little rest and relaxation.